Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coastal Walk

What to write about… Well, Madeleine has recovered from the oral surgery that she recently had. There is a cute picture below of Madeleine and Kay in their scrubs.

A few weeks ago I had two blonde daughters but somewhere along the line they got misplaced, and I now have two dark haired daughters, and at the same time I misplaced some money, coincidence?

As I worked last Sunday, playing a tall ship into Sydney is work! I was given Monday off, so I talked Kay into jumping in a taxi to Kurnell and walking for 3 ½ hours back to Cronulla. The views were amazing and the wildlife was stunning. We saw parrots, eagles, a Great Cormorant, an albatross and a big seabird that kept flying up a few metres then dropping a shellfish on to the rocks to crack open, just like you would see on a David Attenborough programme.

This time I didn’t squeal like a girl when I saw a large black snake slithering off the track and into the bush. Though seeing a snake a couple of meters away helps heighten your senses and Kay’s walking pace. We watched a whale blowing, though not breaching, so I am not sure what type it was, and there were countless views of them too. Yep, the weather was fantastic too.

To finish off a great day we had a late lunch in Hoggs Breath CafĂ© (it’s actually a restaurant). The waitress asked if I would like a drink, so I ordered the litre carafe of red, and then the waitress asked Kay what she would like to drink. I was shocked and Kay was stunned. Funny though!

During the week I messed about with the camera and tried taking a picture of the moon. The picture below was taken in daylight with a filter which makes it look like I took the picture at night, weird.

Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures.

ColKay















No comments:

Post a Comment