Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Arvo




Well its Sunday arvo and Megan is working at Terry Whites, Madeleine is in the city with friends and Kay is sat reading next to me on the bench in the garden. The weather is amazing and I have finished setting up this blog stuff. The regular birds are cruising by to see what is on offer and I have decided to write a final blog for the day.

Well… if you look at the video below you can see we are enjoying having birds visit the back garden. We have stopped feeding the Cockatoos as there were too many coming; they are a magnificent bird and are such fun to watch eating crackers. “Polly wants a cracker” is so true but when 20 cockatoos swooped in one day, it was time to call time. We still have one that flies by but he only gets a cracker if no other cockatoos are in sight. The lorikeets don’t arrive in flocks and believe it or not chase the much larger cockatoo away, don’t get between a lorikeet and its food.

Later today I pick Megan up from work (Sunday job) and she has talked me into an hours driving. Never thought I would be a driving instructor, New South Wales require 120 hours of driving logged before a driving test is attempted. So Megan is on her L’s and we will be spending some time together over the coming months.

We have a chook (chicken) about to go in the oven and at some point need to buy some vegetables to go with the chook. Life can be so hectic at times.

As I get to grips with blogging and as the family activities notch up I will update the blog. I don’t see the point of putting lots of stuff we have done in the past on the blog as it would take to long. I will keep this blog for recent and future stuff.

ColKay



No comments:

Post a Comment