Saturday, September 26, 2009

Waking Up on Mars







Waking Up on Mars.

I woke up for work at 5:55 am on Wednesday and through the blinds saw the strangest reddy/orange light. I opened the blinds and didn’t understand what I was looking at. A storm was predicted over night and Kay and I enjoyed watching the rain and lightening before going to bed (we sit under our patio roof, out of the rain with a glass of wine).
I called to Kay, who immediately jumped out of bed and like me couldn’t comprehend what was happening. We opened the window and couldn’t smell anything, as we were discussing the fact it might be a bush fire. As the sun rose, the colours of crimson and orange were amazing. It was as if we had woken up on another planet.
Kay was actually frightened, and the hairs on my back were all standing up.
We were at a loss as to what was actually happening outside our window.
I turned on the PC to find out what it was, and discovered we were in a dust storm some 600k wide with an estimated 500 tonne of dust in the air.
A life time experience was happening and I can say it will remain with me for ever.

Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures.
They show the Bridge, Cronulla Beach and outside our bedroom window.

ColKay

No comments:

Post a Comment